Monday, October 15, 2007

The Sun still Rises


Mt. Sinai ....................Italy...............Antarctica ..................Africa


After being up a little later last night than I like to be, I hit my snooze this morning. (Ok not completely true.... I have recently moved my alarm across the room so that hitting the snooze is alot more work. So this morning I got up and hit the OFF instead and then laid back down.)
Now believe me, my heart is in the right place. I REALLY want to get up. But my legs just won't let me. In my mind I get up and get dressed, go walking, do my quiet time, fix breakfast for the fam., shower while they are eating, find the cure for cancer while getting dressed, become a great chef while drying my hair, become a belly dancer, sing on American Idol, win the lottery, dye my hair blue, have more twins, AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Then I realize I never got out of bed, and it is now an hour and a half later than when I first got up. Oh well, another morning shot!
I tried to sneak my clothes on and head out the door for a quiet morning walk, but I was greeted with, (in a whisper) HEY MOMMY! HEY! PSSSSSSSSSS! MOMMY!! (we finally got him to quit screaming at the top of his lungs for me to come get him and now he does this cute little whisper.) So I decided to take him with me for my "not so quiet" quiet time walk. We got about 2 houses down and we were both to cold so we came home. Oh well!
As I sat down on the couch to read my devotion and have a "not so quiet" quiet time. (after all God must appreciate my prayers with Barney on in the background) As I sat on the couch the sun began to peak over the trees in our neighborhood and through my window. The warmth of the sun on my face is so refreshing. I can't help but to turn towards it, close my eyes, and just sit in its warmth. As I sat in the (hardly silent) silence, I just felt God saying "I am here". It almost made me laugh at all of my "other days". The stress, the junk, the poo. What an amazing thing to KNOW that our God is here no matter what. All the junk and stress do not change that He is more constant than the sunrise. As I breathe in the cool, refreshing air that comes through my window this morning with the wam sun, I am reminded, " That the sun still rises, no matter what, and today is a new day."
I began to look at pictures of sunrises all over the world. What an amazing thing that it is the same sun in all of those pictures. The same God in all of those places.

God today I lift up our brothers and sisters all over the world. May they feel the warmth of Your presence in their lives. May the beautiful sun rise and sunset be a constant reminder of your greatness. Thank you for its beauty and warmth as it popped over the trees this morning, reminding me of You. Thank you for giving me a new day. May I move forward in my day, not looking back, only desiring the future that you have paved for me to walk.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

You may not feel like your "quiet time" was as productive with Barney in the background...but here's what I believe. Not one second in the Word is wasted. God knows the season of motherhood you're in and if Barney aids in your ability to read a few verses and pray, then by all means TURN BARNEY ON!!!

Better than that, your little man-cake watched his mommy spend time with Jesus. THAT is awesome.

Love you
stephanie

p.s. heard any updates on kelli?