Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Twins 1.0


11 years ago today I had the pleasure of welcoming 2 of my favorite people in the world, into the world. Little did I know then, where God would land me today. I could never have dreamed in a million years that I would end up with 2 sets of twins, homeschooling and a ministers wife.

11 years ago the most I could dream was giving birth to healthy babies, finishing high school and hoping to go to college. All I knew was that I needed to do this for my new baby girls. My life at that point had been a series of bad choices that eventually caught up to me. When I found out that I was pregnant I was lost. I didn't know which way was up. The one thing I did know, was the amazing love that I immediately felt towards my unborn child. When I found out that was pregnant with twins I was overwhelmed. 17, pregnant with twins, a junior in high school, and a "very" single parent. I had wonderful support of everyone in my family, but that didn't change that it was my life and my children.

God began to work on my heart through these precious little girls. He began to open my eyes to the true meaning of grace. I had always thought (before my babies) that when someone got pregnant outside of marriage it was "GOD'S PUNISHMENT" (boom.... boom.... boom). But from the moment I could feel little angel wings fluttering in my stomach I knew, that a child could never be punishment. Grace by definition is: Undeserved favor or gift. Undeserved forgiveness.
Wow! As I looked in the faces of my beautiful babies, "Grace" was ALL I saw. Undeserved favor. My God loved me so much that entrusted me with the keep of two of His children.

A year and a half after my life was blessed with these angels, I was shown Grace again. God found us the perfect Husband and perfect Daddy. Not many men could step into the shoes that I had created. But this guy was something special. He was gentle and patient. He showed me the love of Christ in ways that you only read about in books. And more than what he showed me, was what he showed the girls. One year after we were married Hubby was able to "officially" become daddy. God had created him for this role. Molded him into the perfect man to handle this task. And given him the will to become that man. In the coming years we would move a couple of times, a couple of states, and have a couple more kids. All the while- B and S were growing into the young ladies that they are today.

B- is the most compassionate person I have ever met. Sometimes it can be interpreted as weakness, crybaby, brat. But deep down it is compassion. Compassion is a gift only to be handed to the strongest. The ones who can handle taking on the problems of the world and wrapping their arms around them in a hug. She is so gentle and mothering. She doesn't understand why the world is mean, she doesn't understand why they all don't just love. She laughs the loudest when things are funny and cries the hardest when things get bad. She is all heart. She is my hero. When I wake up in the mornings I want to be like her. I want to love more and love harder. I pray that she always loves completely. I pray that she shows the world what it means to LoveGod, LoveAll.
S- is the most passionate person I have ever met. Sometimes it can be interpreted as rebellious, smart mouth, angry. But deep down it is fire. Passion can be a gift or a curse. If placed in the wrong hands it can be like Hitler. But in the right hands it can be like Martin Luther King Jr. Passion or lack of is what defines a leader as good or bad. Passion is a gift to be handed out to only the most cogent of people. S, can scream the loudest when she is mad and smile the biggest when she is happy. She is full of extremes. While her sister hugs and cares for the problems of the world, she will fight to change them. She is all spunk. She is my hope. I hope that she will do more with her passion than I have. And live bigger than I ever dream, while changing the world on her journey.

Happy Birthday my beautiful 11 year olds!! Thank you for changing my life and one day the world.

God thank you for entrusting these beautiful young ladies to us for the past 11 years. Thank you for all that they have brought to our family. Thank you for loving me enough to show your grace in such an amazing way. God I pray for the mothers that will never hold their babies because they didn't chose life. God please heal their heart with your mercy and grace. When the pain is to much for them to bare, please hold them close. God help us to all us our pains, so that we can glorify you. Thank you for forgiving us. Thank you for grace.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

Okay, now I'm crying.

Doesn't seem like they should be 11. I still see them as 5 pound babies. Time has gone by so fast.

Have a wonderful day celebrating those sweet girls.

love you all,
steph.

brenna said...

Even I am tearing up. You really do have 2 fabulous daughters. I love them SO much :-)

PS, thanks for sticking that random wedding expo pic in there. haha

The Sobie said...

This is awesome.

Make sure they read this. If not now, print this and give this to them later on in life, but make sure they see this.