Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Why Blog

As I jump from blog to blog addicted to reading about people's lives I wonder........ why do they write? Why do they share what they share with ANYONE who wants to venture into their blog world and read?

Well here is my answer to that...

I blog because I love to write. At some point in my life I pray that God will allow me to write a book (or 3). My blog gives me a place to keep my mind working and writing. It also gives me a place to empty my mind. At any given point I feel like I have an entire library worth of thoughts swimming through my mind. And lets just get real, being at home with 4 kids doesn't always allow for the greatest of opportunities to share my thoughts.

Why do I share it with the world? Why don't I just journal? I love the thought that somewhere in all the craziness of 2 sets of twins, a life as a ministers wife, a homeschooling family, the nasty smell of chickens on the Eastern Shore, and all the other insanity that comes on a daily basis, that it could inspire or help someone. Or maybe let someone know that they aren't they only one going through "it".

“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, 'What! You too? I thought I was the only one” C.S. Lewis

Maybe somewhere in it all..... Friendships will be born.

3 comments:

Steven Latham said...

I thought you said you had FIVE kids at home, not four...

Which is it?!

ocean mommy said...

I thought you had six. Surely that big one counts for 2. :)

Steven Latham said...

Is that a fat joke?!