Sunday, November 4, 2007

18 days until Thanksgiving / 51 days until Christmas!!

Ok, so here goes. I have read different blogs of people doing 30 days of Thanksgiving so I thought I would jump on board. Yes, I know, I am a little late but I thought better late than never. After all I have 51 days until Christmas. So if anyone does 30 days until Christmas, I will get a jump on them. :-) So Over the next days until Thanksgiving or Christmas (or until I get board with it all) I will give thanks.
DISCLAIMER: I am not a naturally optimistic person so.......please be patient with me. I am sure there will be some blogs that are in here that are not all about being thankful. But I will try. Even if I need to vent about something. I promise to find something to be thankful about.
I pray that through this God will grow me. I pray that He will use this time to make me a more optimist person.


Today I am thankful for my church. I am so thankful to be in a place that we feel loved and cared about. I recognize that in church life there will always be bumps. Sometimes those bumps are in the shape of people and sometimes those bumps are in the shape of circumstances, but there are always bumps. I guess what makes those bumps tolerable, is having people around you to love you through them. Our church is that. We have found deep meaningful friendships in a short time that will last a lifetime. God definitely allowed us to go through some rough times in the past so that we could do ministry at Soul Discovery. I am thankful that our church accepts people for who they are and where they have come from. I am thankful that I can go to church in my jeans. I am thankful that my children can go to church and have friends and feel loved. I am thankful that my hubby has a job that he loves. I am thankful that God allows me to stay at home with my all my children. I am thankful.

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

No comments: