Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 6- Friday a "Normal Day"

Over all we had a normal day. Nothing eventful. Not much to write about. Kind of boring. But it was good boring. The kind of boring that you pray for. The kind of uneventful day that allows you to take a breath. The only excitement we did have was last night we had a house full of kids. (Well when you add three more to our four, it is a houseful.) But even with them over here it was calm and uneventful (YAY!)
For over a year now we have attempted to give our Friday nights to "Date Night". Now "date night" can be one of 2 things. 1. Us keeping all the kids 2. Us getting rid of all the kids. We alternate every Friday with our Pastor and his wife. So one week they have the houseful and next it is our home. It is great on many levels. Even when we have a house full it is alot of fun. Hubby and I are at home, together, focused on mainly the same task......THE KIDS. And of course the other side is going out ALONE with my Hubby.
Over the past months "Life" has gotten in the way and we haven't gotten to do date night. So we attempted to kick that off again last night. Out of last evening comes my thankful list.
  1. I am thankful that our home is now big enough that ALL the kids can spread out.
  2. I am thankful that Pey Pey and Bear (the 2 year olds) went into their room at 7pm to watch a movie.
  3. I am thankful for friends for my children. Friends that I don't have to worry about. Friends that they really have alot of fun with.
  4. I am thankful for the fact that when guest come over, eventually they have to leave. :-)
  5. I am thankful for my bed.
  6. I am thankful that my wonderful husband let me sleep in this morning while he cooked for our crew.

More than anything I am thankful for a normal day. A day that was not filled with bad moods, children that didn't want to do school work, anyone sick, sad, mad, throwing a fit, or dead. It was an uneventful day, so that in it's self was a BLESSING!

Thank you God for allowing us to see "normal", if only for a day, so that we can remember it exists. Thank you God for all of those other normal uneventful days that go unnoticed. Thank you for giving us the foundation of a normal peaceful life. So that when those chaotic days do come (alot) we can rest in the peace that you built our lives on.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Good Boring is definately a good day. :) I love days like that.