Saturday, November 17, 2007

Day 14

Does our faith depend on having every prayer answered as we think it should be answered, or does it rest rather on the character of a sovereign Lord? We can't really tell, can we, until we're in real trouble.
I would love to write some great blog and profound thoughts about the question and statement above but I believe I would fail miserably at any attempt to make it more meaningful than it already is. I must confess that my faith does in fact depend many times on the way God chooses to answer my prayers.
God let this be a reminder to me that your character is that of love, peace, and faithfulness. God help me to remember that, when you choose to answer my prayers in a way that is different from what my human mind thinks it should be. Thank you for being able to see further than today, tomorrow, and forever. Thank you for knowing the plans that you have for me, plans to prosper me and not to harm me, plans to give me hope and a future.

No comments: