Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thankful for family

This Thanksgiving was one different from most. Not getting to spend time with family was somewhat disheartening. I am very excited for Christmas. Not only is it my favorite time of the year but we will also have the opportunity to spend it with 2/3 of our parents. (My Mom and Step dad and Hubby's Parents.) 1/3 of the parents we will get to see in the Spring.
As many people have shared their Thanksgiving stories with me, I have heard of couple of stories about family that they weren't to excited to see. Usually it is in laws but occasionally it is siblings, uncles,etc. I understand that some people are hard to "deal" with. Let's face it, the true definition of family should be: friends you can't get rid of. :-)
BUT...... Maybe God makes it so we can't get rid of family, to teach us how to love the people we can get rid of, more. After living in Texas and having many Holidays with no family around. I have learned to appreciate ANY family that we can be with. This Thanksgiving reminded me of that.

As we quickly approach the Christmas holiday I hope that we keep a positive attitude about family. I pray that if you have an opportunity to spend time with ANY family that you will jump on it. I hope that you love them as Christ loves you (and me ;-)) Remember you never know when God could move you to a place where family can't always visit. Family is such a precious gift from God they are people that will love you when you are at your ugliest, prettiest, saddest, funniest, poorest, loneliest times in your life. Don't squander family on emotions that are better left unfelt. If you don't like being around them pray. Pray for yourself that God will change your heart. Pray for them that they will be easier to be with. Pray for your family that God will bind your hearts in a way that the world wouldn't understand.

To all of my family out there that reads this:
I love you all and wish that we could have been together this Thanksgiving. I hope for better schedules next year. I pray for you all everyday.

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Romans 15:13

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

:) we missed you all too. BUT, we look forward to our next visit.