Saturday, November 24, 2007

Courage

Yesterday was a loooooooong day. We (the girls and I) got up and went shopping early in the morning. We were at Kohl's by 4:30am, ToysRus-5:15am, Target-5:45am, Michaels-6:30am, Best Buy-7:00am, OldNavy-7:20am, Chick-fl-a 7:45am, Walmart-8:00am, the Mall-8:45am, and home by 10:30. It was busy! But it was a blast. It was the first time I have ever taken the girls with me on my Black Friday adventure. By the time we got home, they were dragging.

We spent the rest of the day at home. The girls found enough energy to play outside in the cold while I found enough energy to lay on the couch. At naptime I put the little ones down and I went back to the couch. I dozed for a couple of hours. OK not true..... I passed out!

Last night we all sat down to watch Transformers. I was the only one who hadn't seen it and all 3 of the big kids were itching for me to watch it. Daddy started a fire, I put the little ones to bed and then we all snuggled into the living room for a movie. I must admit that I loved the movie. If you haven't seen it, I won't spoil it for you but...... It is one of those "It's the end of the world as we know it" movies. I would compare it to Independence day/Armageddon. It is alot of fun (if you like those kinds of movies). When I watch movies or shows I am always paying attention to "GREAT LINES". You know those lines like... "You can't handle the truth" and "There's no crying in baseball". So last nights movie gave me a great quote:



"Fifty years from now, when you're looking back at your life, don't you want to be able to say you had the guts to get in the car? "


What a great challenge!! I heard that line and I thought.....ooooo ooooo me, meeee, I want to get in that car!! Yeah, I want to be courageous enough to say that I GOT IN! That I didn't let fear paralyze me and keep me from doing all that I could to save the world. I want to know that I had the GUTS to do risk it all.

Then I thought, hmmm, oh how our faith is the same. We have the opportunity to help save the world and yet so many times I don't have the guts to get in the car. Fifty years from now, 70 years from now, I want to stand it the feet of my God and be able to look back and say that I had the guts.



Deuteronomy 31:6 "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."



God please give me the courage to stand up for you and to share your love with those around me. Please remind me of the message that you have given me to share. Help me to have the guts "to get in the car". Help me to remember that you will never leave me or forsake me.




PS The girls were sound asleep before the movie was half over.

No comments: