Thursday, November 8, 2007

Day 4-Wednesday

Ok I am a day late on my "Thankful Post". But I only had 30 minutes on the computer yesterday and blogging takes me much longer than that.

30 minutes on the computer you ask?!?

Well let me explain. Yesterday I was the kid. The girls asked me if we could all switch places. They wanted to do "all that fun stuff parents" do. :-0 So, much to their surprise, I said YES!
Our day went something like this:
6:30- Little ones wake up. The big girls rush to be the first ones to get them out of their room. I am impressed by their enthusiasm this early in the morning. They tell me to go back to bed, because they have it under control.
7:15- I get up to take a quiet uninterrupted shower.
7:30- Big Girls cook biscuits and eggs. (Unassisted!)
8:00- I do my school work. (Yes, I agreed to do ALL of their school work if they would do all of what I did.)
9:30- I am finished with my school work. (And I did double the work. Because I did both of their school work.)
9:35- I did the girls daily chores. (Wed. was vacuum, sweep and trash)
7:30-10:00- The girls chased the babies, cleaned up after the babies, chased the babies, changed some diapers, chased the babies.
10:30-12:00 We had to run some errands
12:15- The girls finally clean up from breakfast.
12:30- Big girls attempted to put the babies down for a nap. (THAT DIDN"T HAPPEN) "Will the REAL mommy please step forward?" So I had to go and step in for a moment.
12:40- The girls got to enjoy some rest time and computer time,but not before they cleaned and straightened the house. Then they vegged on the couch and took a deep breath. They were tired. :-)
1:00- I read and sat on the couch
2:30- Babies awake!
HERE WE GO AGAIN!
The girls chased and played, and cleaned after the babies for another couple of hours.
4:30- COME TO JESUS TALK
I could tell that the girls we tired and DONE! I asked them if they were willing to see this through. They still needed to fix dinner and finish the evening. Both of them reluctantly said that they would try. I asked what was wrong and the conversation went like this.
"We are tired!"- Shel
"Yeah, we have to do things for the babies like every 5 minutes."- Biddy
"Uh, every 3 minutes." - Shel
"It is hard work being a mom. I don't just sit around and watch tv and play on the computer everyday." - Me
"Can you make until the end of the day?"- Me
"I guess so."-Shel
"I don't know, we are tired."- Biddy
"I think that you can do it, and I will help."- Me
5:00- We all fixed dinner together. This included emptying the dishwasher and putting dirty ones in. We rested and played quietly for the next hour and all watched some tv together. Because Dad would be out late because of a meeting.
7:30- I helped them get the babies into their room for bed.
8:00- They enjoyed some "adult" tv time ;-) watching Kid Nation. I cleaned and straighten the house this time.
8:15- I read a book.
8:30- Dad came home and we sat and talked. ;-)
9:00- Without hesitation the girls went to bed went to bed.
9:01- I was an adult again, so I sat down to my TV and vegged.


There were many times during my day that I giggled on the inside at how hard they were having to work. While I sat and read and enjoyed MY time. But, I am sure that you can read through that and find many things that I am thankful for. The biggest thing. Homeschooling. I am so thankful that yesterday's lesson was all about LIFE. No, they didn't do any school work. But believe me, they learned alot. I am thankful that we get to be together. I loved seeing them take care of their siblings. They will both make great wives one day.

God thankyou for giving us a day filled with so many lessons. Thank you for last night and the opportunity to show my children what team work looks like. Please help them to never forget yesterday and what they learned.

3 comments:

ocean mommy said...

I had to laugh at some of that. I just have to know... did you have a holy fit, a melt down or a temper tantrum? THAT would have sent the little mommies over the edge!!!

Lindsay said...

Yes I yelled and fussed a little just to make a point. But they didn't think it to be funny.

Lynn Stallworth said...

I surfed in from "Joy in Chaos." I homeschool my 12 y.o. daughter and I also have a set of twins-17 month old boys. It's great having her around when you need that extra hand. So many times I think what a wonderful wife and mother she'll be with all this experience she's getting! Fortunately, she really does love it!