Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Day 9- Monday

Mondays at our house are daddy's day off. What that means is typically I can go grocery shopping ALONE. Alot of times we run errands all together. Which is kind of psychotically fun. It is cool to have another set of adult hands to get things done. Today we needed to return some pants,get gas, go to Target, go to Lowes.
BUT, for some reason we sink into this false reality and THINK that we can accomplish more than any normal human can.
And then it happens.....the moment when reality jumps out from behind the bushes and beats the crap out you. The moment where everything begins to happen in slow motion... you can see it spiraling out of control but you can't stop it...we are standing in the middle of Kohls and all hell breaks loose.
First it starts with the whining," Mommy I not like Kohls." "Mom, look at this." "Mommy I want that elegator (translation: Alligator)""Mom, look isn't this cool". And then it progresses into screaming. "MOMMY I NOT LIKE KOHLS!!" "WEARS MY DADDY" "GIVE ME MY ELEGATOR!"






People are now staring.Oh yeah, and then they start pointing,whispering, and shaking their heads in disbelief.
And then hear it comes....... The Look! (You know, the one where the little old lady looks at you and feels so sorry for you being in a store all by yourself with all those kids.) Yep, that is the look.
I wanted to scream.... "I am not alone my husband is here somewhere. "
"Yes... these are ALL my children. "
"Yes... they are 2 sets of twins."
"No... they do not act like this everywhere."
and then for kicks... " Guess what I HOME SCHOOL :-) "
"Oh by the way yes.... I am nuts."

After Kohls kicked us out (Just kidding!) We went out for dinner. What? I thought money was tight? Yes, money is tight but Mondays are Kids eat Free at Texas Roadhouse. :-)

All in all... it was a great day. There is nothing like a bunch of errands, a screaming fit, some tears, some huffin' and puffin' from our preteens, and a great family dinner out to make you say Thank you God. Thank you for giving me a family that makes memories every single day. Thank you for a day that may have been stressful at moments, but in the end was full of stories to laugh at.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

That is stinkin' hilarious. :)