Monday, November 5, 2007

Day 2- Of Being Thankful

Hmm where do I begin. I must say that today I am thankful for alot of little things.

I am thankful for:
  • My little ones sleeping until I got into the shower. I know this isn't something that my hubby was thankful for. But I sure was. It was great to be able to get up when I felt lI could and go straight to the shower. Instead of being launched out of bed by the screams of a 2 year old. But like I said my hubby wasn't thankful for it. Because while I was in the shower, Little Bear decided to wake up. So Daddy, was launched out of bed by a 2 year old's scream. All of this brings me to my next thing that I am thankful for.
  • My Hubby. Who without complaining steps up and does anything I need him to. (Except get me hot fries and a coke when I was pregnant.) He is a hard worker and he takes wonderful care of his family.
  • A $380 car repair bill. (Yes, this one is a little hard to be thankful for. Especially when money is hard to come by these days.) I went in to have my brakes looked at and I ended up needing to get all 4 done. Then I told them that I thought my power steering fluid was low and asked if they could check it. They checked it and found a leak in my water pump. AHHHHHH!!!!!!!! It is warrantied but there is a $100 copay. So here is the thankful part.... The warranty saved us $250 dollars. If I hadn't asked for them to check my steering fluid, then I could have ended up on the side of the road with 4 kids and a broken down van.

God is so good to us! He knows my/our needs and He takes care of them in His own way in his own time. I am so thankful that He can see the dangers before I could even dream them.

God help my to see the forest and the trees and to be thankful for them both. Help me to look for the joys of life instead of waiting on them. Thank you for the gift of life and the gift of your grace.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Love your thankful journal. :)

Love that God spared you a bigger problem by allowing a smaller one! Praying that God will multiply and replace the money!

steph.