Saturday, November 10, 2007

Day 7

Today I am thankful for a number of things.
  1. As I mentioned in my last Blog... I got to sleep in this morning. For those of you who know me you know that I LOVE TO SLEEP. A couple of months ago God was really dealing with me as a Mom and wife and I felt led to give up my "need" to sleep- in. Notice I didn't say I felt led to give up sleeping-in (Because that would imply that I was actually getting to sleep-in). I said my NEED to sleep-in. Each morning I found myself longing for that extra 15 minutes, 1 hour, 3 hours. And when I didn't get it I was bitter and resentful towards my kids and my hubby. God pressed on my heart all of the things that I could do with that extra time and even pressed on me to get up earlier than before. When I began that new phase of my life, I can truly say that life was different, better, good. That doesn't mean that I don't miss sleeping-in, it just means that my priority for doing so has changed. Needless to say on those rare occasions when my darling hubby lets me sleep, I am very thankful.
  2. After getting up this morning and breakfast was made and the kids were fed...... (ok wait.... pause.... yep, that is something else to be thankful for)
  3. Anyway, after #2 happened I needed to run errands and no one wanted to go with me. YAY!!!!! Alone.... running errands. My music. My Podcasts. My singing. As loud as I wanted. And then I went INSIDE the bank. Hmmm... that is something that I have never done since we have lived here. Can you imagine, me inside a bank, alone. I figured that they would look at me funny if I asked for a lollipop and I didn't have any children with me so I held back on asking. Going inside the bank with 4 kids is frowned on by the general public. Especially the sane part of the general public.
  4. I went through McD's and ordered 1 quarter pounder. WOW! ONE of anything is very cool. What? The total is $3.14 not $17.00.

After going out and having some "me" time, I definitely felt refreshed. I was home just in time for my dear hubby's VT game to start and for the little ones to wake from their nap. And I can say that I was ready to take on the afternoon.

Thank you God for my "ME" time today. Thank you for allowing me to have a break from my "mommy" life. God help me to use this day that has refreshed me, to fuel the days that are to come. Thank you for giving me a husband that knows how important it is to me to have "out time". God help me to support him in the ways that he constantly supports me. Thank you God for your mercy and grace that is new every single morning, no matter what time I wake up.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

I do not remember the last time I spent less than $10 at McDonalds. Sounds like a heavenly day. For me, the only thing that could be better would be to thrown in a Starbucks visit.:)

steph.
ps. I wish you could see your brother right now. He's doing the Tom Cruz slide across our dining room floor. I sure could use some time ALONE!!!! He's as wound up as the kids.