Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Day 16-Grocery Day

Yesterday we went grocery shopping. This is my usual Monday event, but on this day I had the distinct pleasure of taking all 4 children. :-) (Please note the sarcasm in my voice, even though you can't hear me.) Boy was it an adventure. I think that the entire town was there and of course everyone wanted the same stuff I did. I should have been smarter than to go shopping this week. But oh well, We needed normal stuff as well as Thanksgiving foods.
Let me paint you a picture of what it looks like when I get the honor of taking all 4 kids to the grocery store.
*1 Double Stroller
*2 2 year olds
*1 Shopping cart
*2 11 year olds
*1 Me
I normally get the little ones lunch on the way into Walmart at McDs. At least this will keep them occupied for a little while. I push the stroller, and the big girls fight over who will not push the cart. This time Shel wanted to push because she wore her Heeleys. As we roll around the store things go good for about 45 minutes. Everyone is team workin it and being very good. The girls switch off going and getting food down aisles for me and the little ones are stuffing their faces. But slowly the situation begins to deteriorate. Big girls start fighting and little ones start getting fidgety. I put it in high gear. I am tossing things in the cart, smushing bread, calling out orders like I'm in the Army, and pushing the stroller like it is an Olympic event. Finally the grocery cart is too heavy and I call SWITCH. Shelby takes the stroller, I take the cart and we are off again.
By the time we are finally headed out, each Big girl has a cart and I am again pushing the stroller.

I think on the way out....
I couldn't do all that I do without my Big Girls. They are such a HUGE help. Yes, they get frustrated. Yes, they fight. Yes, they make messes and don't clean them up. But all in all, they are wonderful. As they become young ladies, they are also becoming my friends. We share laughs together, lunches together, and tears together. I love how they are growing out of that kid stage and we do alot more hanging out. I find that I want to just talk to them. Like I talk to my girls friends. Talking about their likes and dislikes and my likes and dislikes. Talking about what we thought was cool that day and what we hated. Yes, it is a balancing act of being parent and friend, but I with God's help I will hopefully balance well.

I am thankful for Biddy and Shel. I am thankful for all that they inspire me to be and do. I am thankful for the help that they are.

God help them to grow into women that share your heart. God thank you for the blessing that they are to our family. Thank you for making them perfectly fit for our family.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your girls are truly the best "Big Sisters" On days like that...just bring the little ones here!!! :) We'd love it!

ocean mommy said...

Yikes...
I'm exhausted reading that!

Be Inspired Always said...

Oh my :)


I just came upon your blog tonight. You sound extremely busy.


Have a wonderful Holiday.


Please feel welcomed to visit my blog.



Jillian