Thursday, April 10, 2008

American Idol

Last night was one of my favorite nights of TV. Put to tears more than once over the pandemic in Africa and the crisis of poverty in our own back yard. But also, so inspired at what our country and those around the world are choosing to do to make a difference. As many of you know, there is a huge piece of my heart that God has designated for Africa. So to watch all of the tragic stories playing one after another, weighs heavy on my heart. It is one of my favorite nights on TV but also the hardest.

All of that being said.... I also must admit that I am thoroughly confused by AI. The night began with one song (crazy dancing), went on to Hannah Montana, some tight leather pants flailing around and a little bit of Fergie thrown in, Robin Williams grabbing Simon's butt, and then Shout to the Lord. ARE YOU CONFUSED YET?
Now don't get me wrong, I am thrilled. I pray that our American Idol "God Moment" plants seeds in places that we can't imagine. Isn't just like God to do something HUGE with something we couldn't have even dreamed about, much less even thought to pray for. :-)
If you read my last post, maybe you clicked over to STUFF CHRISTIANS LIKE. Last nights AI reminded me of Booty,God,Booty except it was more like booty, booty, God. :-)

Last night also took me back to Rooting for Secret Christians. I think it is easy for us to want to see good, wholesome people, as Christians. I wanted desperately for Brooke to be a "good ole' Christian" and David A. but sadly they are "door knockers".

(Ok, no more Stuff Christians like...... I will lay off.)
Except here are my favorites:-)
"One more person"
M.C. Hammer
Holding Hands
Dancing


Ok ok for real I'll stop.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

Booty, Booty God....you crack me up. It's kind of like Travis Cottrell said, these are lost people LOST, not found...the fact that they picked that song among all the other songs....something is going on out there...we may not see it today, or next week, but it's a call to pray... I was glad to see that on Thursday night they said "My Jesus"..I can't believe they sang it again.

That site is addictive! I have to set the kitchen timer when I visit or I spend WAY to much time...it just sucks you in! (Plus, my after children bladder can't handle it in large doses.)