Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Ministry

I did an interview with a lady yesterday and one of the questions that I am suppose to ask is,"How would you define ministry?"
(Working at Lifeway is very different than the outside world. Starting with interview questions.)
Anyway, when I was asked this question in my interview, my answer was something like, "Ministry is meeting people where they are and helping them towards Christ." My interview yesterday answered with,"Helping people."
But all of this leads me to ask "How would YOU define ministry?"
Is ministry defined by the walls of a church? If not, then how do you find "your" ministry?

This new path that God has set us on, is redefining our ministry. God has given us a different view point in which He wants us to see the world. I am not sure of His plan but I am sure of His purpose. God is always growing us and drawing us nearer.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

In this season I feel like I have a two-fold assignment. First my family. That's the most important. Second, and God is changing this along the way, is other women. Simply put, being part of a group of women who minister to other women. I'm pretty tired of doing "ministry", and I think your response and your potential employee's response were great answers. Helping people, loving people where they are, but encouraging them to go a little deeper in their walk with Jesus.