Sunday, April 20, 2008

Staying positive Situation #1

Working with someone who is really negative
As I have thought through this situation God has been working on my heart in a huge way. It has been amazing to me how much my mindset has changed in just 24 hrs.Three days ago my attitude was: Annoyed, frustrated, avoid, run, avoid, run. AHHHHHHHH! "Make it all stop, I can't take it anymore."
*
One of my prayers that I pray often is: "God please allow me to see people the way that you see them." Through a couple of different happenings God has allowed me to see the hurt that lies under the negativity in this person I work with. On the surface she is bitter, angry, disgruntled, and just down right pissed off at the world. But underneath she is sad, lonely, afraid, and feels abandoned by God.
*
I am sure that any person we could or would tag as "Negative", if we were to look deep enough we would see hurt and heart ache that is fueling it all.
*
So.... how do we stay positive while having to work with someone who is negative??
We must look deep.... See them the way God sees them.... and love them as Christ loves us.
*
Psalm 33:20- 22
We wait in hope for the LORD; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we
trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O LORD, even as we put our hope in you.
*
We can be positive because we have HOPE!

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

I know that is frustrating to HAVE to be around that everyday...but. God put you at that store for this time. You just fill up on the Word before you go in each day and watch how God will give you Holy words to speak to this hurting person...