Friday, August 14, 2009

Rain

Today my devotion was about Job. Now anytime I read Job I always come away feeling pretty silly. I am always humbled at the picture of suffering that is painted. My trials and troubles are NOTHING in comparison. So as I read it I just shake my head in amazement. But today was a little different I read only a little bit of Job, Job 5:8-10 and then I readout of my devotion book: Taste and See~ Piper It spoke of how amazing the RAIN is. The sheer miracle that is preformed every time a single drop hits the Earth. You can read it here.

All I can say is WOW! I think that all to often we miss God because we are so distracted by the seemingly mundane. Too often I have woke in the morning and said," Aww. It's raining today." or "Yuck it is a nasty rainy day today."

God, Thank you for the rain. For the miracle that is preformed in each drop that waters your Earth. Thank you for Job and the new lesson I have learned today. Thank you for opening my eyes through your word.

No comments: