Sunday, August 16, 2009

There is no lion in the street, you are LAZY!

I love when I open my devotion and bible to read something completely unexpected. I am thankful today for God giving my soemthing to put in my "thought bank" that I will cash in on later. :-)

My devotion today was on Proverbs 22:13 It was about 2 different things.
#1 Was about laziness.
#2 Was about tricks our mind can play on us.

Proverbs talk about the Lazy man and how he "thinks" he sees a lion outside. But the truth is that his mind has played a trick on him. "The truth is held hostage by the unrighteous commitments of the heart. The unrighteous heart then employs the mind to distract and deceive."~ Piper

John 3:20 Everyone who does evil hates the Light.

Piper goes on to say "Doing the evil we love makes us hostile to the light of truth which will expose the evil and rob us of its fleeting pleasures. In this condition the mind becomes a factory of half-truths, equivocations, sophistries,evasions and lies." (Deep)

Do Evil that we love.
Become hostile toward truth that would have exposed evil.
Then our mind begins its tricks.
We lie to ourselves.
We lie to others.
We probably try to lie to God.

All of this because you were lazy! You sat in your sin and enjoyed it. You became content with it. The truth that there is NOT a lion outside has been held hostage in you mind. Because of your were doing evil and have now become hostile towards the Light and truth.
And now you think there is a lion outside. Fear has set in. And you are in bondage.

________
As I read and write this morning so much has gone through my head. I have such a strong emotion when it comes to dishonesty. I HATE IT!
But I feel like God has placed a scrolling sign in my mind that keeps saying, "The truth is held hostage by the unrighteous commitments of the heart."

God please help me to be compassionate. When I don't understand, help me to look only to you. God thank you for stretching me this morning. God help me to not be Lazy!

No comments: