Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Doing Well

Morning All!!

Well, I did good this morning. My alarm went off at 5:50 (so that I could hit the snooze a little bit) and I was up by 6:05. I was able to get out of the house go walking, dodge sprinklers as I prayed, then come back to read my bible and enjoy some peace and quiet. All before my life was bombarded with "Mommy hold you, peeeeze" and "Piggyback ride?? Peeeze".

I find that when my alarm goes off I start praying "God help me to be a Prov.31 woman?" (I know that sounds silly) But it has definitely gotten me further than "God please don't let that be the alarm I hear beeping again. Please, please, make the sun go back down." Anyway, it is definitely one morning at a time. I keep hoping that the "habit" thing will kick in and getting up earlier will be a breeze. I can count on one hand the number of soft drinks that I have had since I stopped drinking them. It is great!! I feel better, that is for sure. And when life catches up with me and I "need" a coke..... I feel like cow cookies later, and I regret ever drinking it. So I guess that is a good sign.

The kids are doing great. Peydle (New nick name the she has acquired) and Bear are sleeping in their "biggirlbed" (as both of them call them). We keep trying to tell Bear that he is sleeping in a Big BOY bed, but he just doesn't get it. It is good for a laugh. They are doing great. Once we got them to stop running back and forth jumping on each others beds, life got much better. Bear still likes to occasionally run over and tackle little Pey Pey, but that is a brother's job. Right?

The big girls are well. But bored. (as I am told ALOT) I think we are ready to begin school. We will begin the first of August. They aren't to happy with that but, I am sure they will adjust. At least we can still take off and go to the beach in the afternoons and things like that. Right now they are enjoying their friend down the street. She has an in ground pool and the girls love that. They wait anxiously for her to come home everyday. If they aren't swimming then they are all on the computer. We often refer to our neighbor as our 5th child. It is alot of fun.


Well I can't sign off without sharing what God has shown me today. I was reading Genesis 39:7 . My devotion was talking about guarding our eyes and our hearts. It was a nice warning about protecting our minds against lust. Oh be careful little eyes what you see.....
the scripture says:

Genesis 39:7 “And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, ‘Lie with me.’”

I think that we all to quickly forget about the battle we are in and who we are up against. The enemy is standing at the door of our lives waiting to pounce. Wanting to destroy our marriages, our families, and our lives. I heard someone say once, "What Satan can't destroy, he discourages." In this scripture it is the story of Potiphar's wife. I was very interested how it talked about her "casting her eyes upon Joseph". Meaning, she didn't just go jump his bones, she watched and lusted after him. Anyway,though this may not be something that I deal with now. One day Satan may try to knock on my door with the temptations of another man. So I commit today, just as I did on my wedding day, to honor my husband completely. To love him with my whole heart, leaving no room for Satan to try and fill it with someone else. I pray that God always protects our marriage, and by His grace we will always love each other, like He loves the church. Thank you God for a husband who loves me despite me short comings, my bad moods, and my "fat days" (which are all to often). Thank you God for giving him the heart to love me, and the faith to stand by me. Please always guard our marriage, and help us to be a Godly example to our children.

1 comment:

ocean mommy said...

:) It's good to hear what God is showing you in your time alone with Him.

Hug the kids for us. We can't wait to see them again.

Love you all,
steph.