Monday, July 9, 2007

A little bored, but alot enlightened!!

Psalm 18:20-24



God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him. When I got my act together, He gave me a fresh start. Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted. Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick. I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step. God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.



When I was reading through Psalm 18 today I was slightly bored. Alot of it talks about saving me from my enemies. And well...... my enemies are being nice right now. :-) Joking aside, I think that we forget what God is willing to do for us (past what He already has done for us on the cross), when we are not in the heat of despair and turmoil. So reading through this was definitely a reminder of the lengths that God will go to in order to rescue us when we cry out to Him.



When I read scripture one of the things that I have started doing is reading it in different translations or paraphrases. I enjoy being able to see things in different lights and after all, my reading comprehension is cow cookies. So any help I can get I gladly will take it. I have found that Bible Gateway is a great resource to check different readings. I can change translations and bibles without ever getting off my chair. Look It Up



Anyway..... I was going back and forth from NIV and The Message and I loved what The Message said in Verses 20-24. I thought that I was a beautiful picture of God's love when we take our own road instead of the one He paved for us. But it definitely puts the ball in our court. "When I placed the pieces of my life before Him" "When I got my act together" "When I opened the book of my heart to His eyes". I really appreciated all of this since my Blog the other day was talking about how I went cliff jumping. I realize that God knows my heart, He knows my love, but I think he wants to see my willingness. It is then that He rewrites the text of my life. WOW!!! Isn't that a mental image to have. God dumping the old manuscript and rewriting a new one. Grace is a mighty big thing.

Thank you God for rewriting my life when I screwed it up. Thank you for pouring your grace over me new every single morning. Forgive me for wanting you to kick me off the cliff, when all you wanted was for me to jump.

No comments: