Friday, August 1, 2008

Time is short

I am 4 days away from having my guts cut out. (Sorry to be so graphic, but how often can someone say "Im gettin' my gut cut out"?)
I must say.... at this point....right now..... I am not nervous or anxious. I am sure that will change come Wednesday morning.
I know that there are alot of prayers going out right now for us and our situation. For that.... I thank you. Please don't let up.

To be transparent for a moment!

I struggle with asking for prayer. I always feel like there are many people worse off and in tougher situation than we are. I feel selfish and self centered. (Maybe this is somewhere God needs to stretch me.) So that being said, I humbly ask for prayers as we go into next week.
Here are some specifics you can pray for:

-The kiddos. That they will have some sort of understanding and peace while I am away in the hospital. Especially the little ones. Because they won't understand fully why I am not at home. Please pray for the big kids to not worry about things. They are at an age where they are learning to worry.
-Hubby- As he travels to and from the hospital. (It is an hour away.) And that he will not be anxious. Also pray for him as he is at home, without any break. Pray that he keeps his sanity. (What little he has left.)
-10:00am Wednesday is when my surgery is scheduled. It should take and hour and a half to complete. We will not know how long my hospital stay will be until the surgery happens. Please pray that the Dr. can do it all laproscopically.
-Recovery to be be quick so that I can come home quick.
-I will miss my family in a HUGE way so please pray for comfort in that.

Thank you so much for your continued prayer. It is a huge comfort for me to know that I am being lifted up. I will keep you posted as I can. Love you all.

5 comments:

brenna said...

For some reason (that I honestly don't know), I found myself getting a little teary while reading this. Maybe it's because I want to help more but being in Florida as of Thursday, I can't be there. I want to be there to help keep your kiddos preoccupied. And I want to be there for your post-op, still drugged conversation ;-)

Lots of prayers from us. Love you!!

becky said...

We are continuing to lift you and yours up in prayer! Wish we were closer as well, to help with kids, meals, etc. Harvest has been praying too. Miss you.

Jenny said...

Trusting that God knows every single one of your needs and will continue to meet them...and give you peace about everything from you right down to your little ones! Praying that once you recover from surgery you will feel better and better! Like Brenna and Becky - wish we were closer to help out too, but we'll definitely be praying for all of your family! Lots of Love!

ocean mommy said...

You know we're praying.

I have to agree with Brenna, the post-op drugged conversation would be so much fun. :)

Love you all..

Anonymous said...

Ditto on what Becky V said. We will continue to pray for you and your family. Have had alot of fun following yours and steven's blog!!